As a student, I often find it difficult to organize my thoughts and remember things. For example, the other day I saw an article that would be an interesting addition to my papers as it was an informative piece. I quickly shrugged it off though since I wasn't in the work mode and did not want to write down the citation. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if there was a quick and easy method to save this document...
Enter Evernote, where web clipping is an easy plug-in that allows me to clip anything interesting I find on the internet and sync it straight to the actual application. This continuity is extremely pleasing and I never thought that I would use it as much as I have - for this class and many others. I like this tool because of its simplicity and pleasing design that is really easy to organize my personal notes from academic ones. Be able to use it over several platforms like my iPhone, Mac, and online makes it extremely reliable and can help me access my mind map anywhere I go! At first, I wasn't too thrilled with Evernote, but after using it I can definitely see myself using it in my PLE. It's and interesting mix of organizing, creating, and collaborating. It is a strong organizing tool because it allows me to take a second to collect my thoughts and put valuable resources in a visual platform, which is vital to a visual learner like myself. After aggregating information, I can use the web clipping function and syncing function to easily put all the resources in one place.
![]() |
| Yee, N. (CC) 2014. |
![]() |
| Cedarkayak (2014). |
I love outdoor photography, and being able to clip amazing photos for future enjoyment is wonderful. This artists work is available here, so be sure to visit and check out his adventures. To view the notebook I’ve been developing for this class click here. I hope to keep exploring the other functions this tool offers, but until then…
Cheers,
Nathan


Hi Nathan,
ReplyDeleteI have also grown found of Evernote - for the same reasons I think. I too enjoy photography - black and white really is my favourite. I love Ansell Adams. I used to take my own pictures and develop them back in the 80's. Once I am done my BEd, I will pursue my love and hobby and use Evernote to create a repository of pictures. One day I would like to submit some to the Ajax Art Guild where I live!
FIl
Man, that sounds great Fil! I think it's amazing that you're so engaged with technology, even with all your experiences with traditional ways of doing things (like developing photos in a dark room). I'm not calling you old, but I find it fascinating to hear your experiences with the new and old.
DeleteI hope you do pursue your dreams, because I think accomplishments should be documented. If not for yourself, then for the next generation that get to hear your stories.